It’s not just about digestion. Think of your gut as mission control for all kinds of functions. Can’t shake the constant fatigue? Maybe your skin’s not glowing as it used to or you’ve been riding a rollercoaster of emotions. Frustrated by that last five pounds you can’t seem to shake no matter what you do? An imbalance in your gut could be the culprit.
Your gut microbiome is unique to you and it’s based on your age, diet, environment, genes and medications. Here’s the key: You’ve got to feed the “good” bacteria and keep the “bad” bacteria from taking over. A good place to start is controlling stress, getting plenty of sleep, and eating foods and taking supplements that flood your gut with pre- and probiotics. If you’re wondering if you have an imbalance, here are 5 common signs:
1. Fatigue and lack of sleep - Approximately 90% of the body’s serotonin (a hormone that affects mood and sleep) is located in the GI tracts. An imbalance can cause sleep disturbances, which can lead to being tired and chronic fatigue.
2. Weight control - Gaining or losing weight without making changes to your diet or exercise habits may be a sign of an unhealthy gut. An imbalance can impair your body’s ability to absorb nutrients, regulate blood sugar and store fat. Weight loss and weight gain may be caused by several factors related to poor gut health including decreased nutrient absorption.
3. Poor mental acuity – Your brain needs healthy fats in order to function properly, and reducing processed foods is a good idea for your entire body. Aim for nutrient density with good fats (like omega3 fatty acids), and skip the processed, chemical-laden foods. We all can agree that getting plenty of exercise and eating a healthy diet is important for overall mental health and wellbeing. A healthy gut biome can improve performance and blast through mental roadblocks with sustained, clear thinking.
4. Stomach issues - Stomach disturbances like gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea and heartburn can all be signs of an unhealthy gut. A balanced gut will have less difficulty processing food and eliminating waste.
5. Sugar cravings - Processed foods and added sugars can decrease the number of good bacteria in your gut. An imbalance can cause increased sugar cravings, further damaging your gut. These cravings are one of the biggest reasons why people have problems losing weight and keeping it off. When you feel a craving, try to distance yourself from it, take a walk or lean towards healthy snack options.
Reset, restore, repair
The human gut is more complex than previously thought and has a huge impact on whole-body health. There are a number of lifestyle changes you can make to positively affect your gut health and your overall health as a result.
Looking for a good place to start? Welcome to Cloud 9 Life! Our simple 3-in-30 System resets, restores, and repairs the health of the microbiome, which will form the foundation for improved health and wellbeing. The 3-in-30 System contains 3 days of digestive enzymes to gently cleanse and reset your digestive system. Then to restore a healthy gut biome, it delivers 30 days of pre- and pro-biotics to replenish and replace your good gut bacteria.
Step 1: RESET and address the underlying causes of gut bacteria imbalance, alleviating symptoms.
Step 2: RESTORE with pre- and pro biotics, replenishing and replacing your good gut bacteria.
Step 3: REPAIR your system with a Repair Bundle, a customized approach to your health goals by addressing any or all of the 3 MAJOR issues people face due to gut biome imbalance: low-energy; decreased focus and mental acuity; weight concerns.